Sunday 7 April 2013

FOL CHEN – I.O.U




Almost 3 years ago I fell in love with a track named ‘TheHolograms’ by a band called Fol Chen, at the time I generally listened to music than landed in front of me with little interest in hunting anything else by the artist unless an album was easy to access. The result of this was a much loved track that slowly left my memory… Until I found I.O.U.

This seductive track has the ability to be incredibly catchy and dance inducing whilst still remaining an air of mystery. It provides sparse verses, sensual vocals, tickling guitar grooves with echoing drum kicks and a dramatic string-laden ending, this makes for something very beautiful but also quite odd.


I.O.U opened my eyes to their most recent LP False Alarms which has recently been released on Asthma Kitty….


Purchase the LP Here

Stream the LP Here

No comments:

Post a Comment